Nelson County, Virginia
With a few cold nights and even some scattered frost in the mountains over the past few days, the Fall colors across Nelson County, up in the mountains, have become brilliant. Paul Purpura was out Sunday grabbing these beautiful images. The Virginia Department of Forestry (VDOF) shows the typical peak of color for Nelson between November 1-15th. But this year, it looks like the peak will come a little before that.
According to the VDOF website, you can get fall foliage reports by phone:
* Fall Foliage Report – 1.800.424.LOVE
* Forest Service Fall Color hotline – 800.354.4595. Press “7” for the Southern States report.
* Shenandoah Valley – 800.434.LEAF
* Skyline Drive/Shenandoah National Park – 540.999.3500 (press “7”)
* Blue Ridge Parkway (between Waynesboro and the North Carolina border) –
828.298.0398 (press “7”)
Thanks for the beautiful images Paul!