Nelson County, VA
NELSON FARMERS MARKET COOPERATIVE JOB OPENING
The Nelson County Farmers Market Cooperative is accepting applications for a Market Manager. Approx. 20 hours per week including Saturdays, May – Oct.
10-12 hrs per week ( exible) and 7-8 hours on Saturdays. Must be onsite for Saturday markets 6:30AM – 1:00PM May – October
1. General management of farmers market.
2. Bookkeeping functions and management of SNAP program
3. Assist in developing promotional materials: advertising, marketing, social media, etc.
4. Maintain vendor data; sales spreadsheets, mailing lists, etc.
• Prefer farmers market experience and local food systems knowledge • Familiarity with Nelson County and surrounding areas.
• Good customer service skills, organization and computer skills
• Experience with social media and people management skills
• Experience in working with general pubic, project management
Mobile phone and laptop will be provided. Pay commensurate with experience
Interested persons should send an email and resume to the following: Nelson Farmers Market Cooperative – Board of Directors: NelsonFarmersMarketBOD@gmail.com
or call Gary Scott, 434-964-6911