FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
Augusta-Rockingham-Western Highland-Eastern Highland-Central
Virginia Blue Ridge-Western Pendleton-Eastern Pendleton-
Including the cities of Monterey, Wintergreen, Harrisonburg,
Staunton, Sugar Grove, Riverton, Ruddle, Brandywine, Hightown,
Franklin, Waynesboro, Oak Flat, and Stuarts Draft
841 AM EDT Tue Jun 14 2022
…FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON…
* WHAT…Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.
* WHERE…Portions of Virginia and eastern West Virginia, including
the following areas: in Virginia, Augusta, Central Virginia Blue
Ridge, Eastern Highland, Rockingham and Western Highland. In
eastern West Virginia, Eastern Pendleton and Western Pendleton.
* WHEN…Until 3 PM EDT this afternoon.
* IMPACTS…Excessive runoff may result in flash flooding of rivers,
creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…
– Showers and thunderstorms will produce heavy rainfall with
localized rainfall amounts around 1 to 3 inches possible
within a couple hours. The heaviest rain will be late this
morning through midday.
– Please visit http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood for flood
safety and preparedness information.
You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.