Rockfish Valley / Route 151
Nelson County, Virginia
Nelson 151 – Hit the Road
Launch Week Specials September 19-25
Nelson 151 is the travel destination for Virginia wine, craft beer and outdoor recreation lovers. Route 151 is a designated Virginia scenic byway on the sunrise side of the Blue Ridge that connects the Nelson151 member businesses. In 2010, seven wineries (Afton Mountain Vineyards, Cardinal Point Vineyard and Winery, Flying Fox Vineyard and Winery, Hill Top Berry Farm and Winery, Pollak Vineyards and Winery, Veritas Vineyard and Winery, and Wintergreen Winery) and two breweries (Blue Mountain Brewery and Wild Wolf Brewery) decided to form a group to market and leverage their unique “micro” appellation. www.nelson151.com was created.
The Nelson 151 wineries and breweries recognize and celebrate the benefits of their proximity to one another in the pastoral Rockfish Valley. With orchards and farms, unique shopping, bed and breakfasts, local restaurants, community theater, hiking, biking, skiing, golf, fresh air and unforgettable views – Nelson 151 is the perfect choice for a day trip or weekend excursion.
Mention “Nelson 151” at any establishment and enjoy the following member benefits:
* Flying Fox – cheese plates are $1.51 with wine purchase; beginning autumn hours – open every day.
* Wintergreen Winery -15.1% discount on case sales and $1.51 off the tasting fee.
* Wild Wolf Brewing Company – homebrew equipment and ingredients starter kit on sale for $151.00; free pint logo glass with any purchase over $51.00; a special Wild Wolf beer release.
* Hill Top Berry Farm and Winery – logo glasses on sale for $1.51.
* Blue Mountain Brewery – New restaurant opens September 21; logo pint glass on sale for $1.51.
* Pollak Winery – $1.51 tasting fee.
* Veritas Winery will offer a discount of 15.1% off all wine purchases.
* Cardinal Point Winery – $1.51 off all wines before usual discounts; “Wings Over Wine Country” Wildlife Center of Virginia fundraiser on 9/24.
* Afton Mountain Vineyards – Grand opening of the Pavilion & “Afton After Hours” event with The Kings of Belmont on 9/24; logo glasses on sale for $1.51 all week.
Lot of exciting things and congrats on the launch Nelson 151!