Planning Commission Meeting Agenda-December 17, 2008
NELSON COUNTY PLANNING COMMISSION
December 17, 2008
Board of Supervisors Meeting Room, 2nd Floor
84 Courthouse Square
7:30 P. M. Meeting convenes
Approval of Minutes from November 19, 2008 meeting
NON-PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
1. Conditional Use Permit #2008-002 – Thomas M. & Kathern A. Robertson
Consideration of a CUP requested by Mr. and Mrs. Robertson to operate a recreational summer camp on property located on Rt. 687, North Fork Road, Tyro, Virginia, Tax Map #16-A-30D.
PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS
2. Rezoning #2008-006 – Tommy and Diane Harvey
Consideration of a request from Mr. and Mrs. Harvey to rezone 2.732 acres located on Rt. 840 (Tanbark Drive), Afton, Virginia, Tax Map #6-A-34, from Residential R-1 to Agricultural A-1.
3. Conditional Use Permit #2008-003 – Tommy and Diane Harvey
Consideration of a request from Mr. and Mrs. Harvey for a Conditional Use Permit under Section 4-1-a, Uses – Permitted by Conditional Use Permit Only, 4-1-20a, Offices, Professional and Services. The property is located on SR 840 (Tanbark Drive), Afton, Virginia, Tax Map #6-A-34.
4. Rezoning #2008-007 – John A. & Patricia C. Pugh
Consideration of a request from Mr. and Mrs. Pugh to rezone 9.11 acres located on Rt. 840 (Tanbark Drive) and Rt. 151 (Rockfish Valley Highway), Afton, Virginia, Tax Map #6-A-31, from Residential R-1 and Agricultural A-1 to all Agricultural, A-1.
5. Zoning Ordinance Amendment – Article 2, Section 2-92-1
Consideration of an amendment to the Nelson County Zoning Ordinance, Appendix A, Article 2, Definitions, to add Section 2-92-1: Wood yard: A parcel of land, or portion thereof, used for the commercial storing and marketing of logs.
• Discussion of Dwelling, seasonal use Zoning Ordinance definition
• Discussion of Country Store resolution
Board of Supervisor liaison report – Tommy Bruguiere
Continuance to Work Session
Next Meeting: January 7, 2009